We offer a free cPanel-to-cPanel transfer. This control panel is quite popular, and used by many hosting providers. But another popular hosting control panel is Plesk, but unfortunately cPanel native means of Plesk-to-cPanel migration are not reliable enough as of yet. But we understand that new customers may need to transfer their accounts from Plesk to us, and we have created a manual on how to transfer sites from Plesk control panel to cPanel.
N.B. This method can be used for other control panels as well, just skip the first part with Plesk.
First you need to download the files related to your web site(s).
1. Please login to your Plesk control panel;
2. Go to Subscriptions:
3. Manage Hosting next to the needed subscription:
4. Then go to Files:
5. Tick the files/folders you need there >> More >> Add to Archive:
6. After that download the archive to your machine - left click on the created archive field >> choose download:
After that you will need to create dump(s) of your database(s). To do this, please follow the next steps:
- Login to your Plesk panel and go to Subscriptions, as in previous steps:
- Click Manage Hosting:
- Go to Websites & Domains >> Backup Manager:
- Click More Actions >> Database Backup Repository >> Backup:
- If you have several databases, please tick the ones you wish to backup. In case of one database, it will be backed up by default.
- Please name your database backup with .sql extension. Please do not include spaces or special characters in your dump(s) names.
- Alternatively you can go to 'Databases' (below the Backup Manager link):
- WebAdmin next to the database you need to backup. You will be redirected to phpMyAdmin page:
- There you click Export tab >> Export method - 'Quick - display only the minimal options', and as soon as dump is created, it will be downloaded to your machine:
Now you need to upload everything to your cPanel account.
- Login to your cPanel interface and go to File Manager:
- Go to public_html folder and click 'Upload':
- Upload your zipped (or tar.gz) archive to your public_html and click 'Extract', indicating public_html as destination for main domain, and the document root of addon domain(s) for the addon domain(s):
Now you need to import the database dump(s):
- Go to cPanel >> MySQL Databases, and create database(s) you wish to use for your dump(s), user(s) for these database(s), and assign each user to each database, granting all permissions.
- Go to cPanel >> phpMyAdmin:
- Click Import and upload the .sql file(s) you've create in Plesk, and click 'Go':
- In case your .sql dump is more than 128M in size (or the limit you can see next to 'Browse Your Computer') - please contact us via Live Chats or HelpDesk, and we will import the dump for you.
There is no way to transfer emails by just downloading and uploading the files, since Plesk and cPanel have different mail structures. But this can be done the following way:
- You create the same accounts in cPanel with us as you have in Plesk;
- Setup email accounts in the Email Client of your choice (Thunderbird, Outlook etc.) using the details of your Plesk server (incoming/outgoing mail servers as well). This should be a POP3 account. And in parallel, in the same Email Client, you setup an IMAP account using details from our server (including incoming/outgoing mail servers).
- And then just drag'n'drop emails from Plesk account to cPanel account, all emails will be uploaded to our server.